In The Quacks of Quedlinburg, players are charlatans — or quack doctors — each making their own secret brew by adding ingredients one at a time. Take care with what you add, though, for a pinch too much of this or that will spoil the whole mixture!
Each player has their own bag of ingredient chips. During each round, they simultaneously draw chips from their bags and add them to their pots. The higher the face value of the drawn chip, the further it is placed in the pot’s swirling pattern, increasing how much the potion will be worth. Push your luck as far as you can, but if you add too many cherry bombs, your pot will explode!
At the end of each round, players gain victory points and coins to spend on new ingredients, depending on how well they managed to fill up their pots. But players whose pots have exploded must choose points or coins — not both! The player with the most victory points at the end of nine rounds wins the game.
Winner of the 2018 Kennerspiel des Jahres, The Quacks of Quedlinburg perfectly blends deck, i.e. ‘pot’, building strategy with a press your luck element that ratchets up the excitement each turn as the stakes get higher.
- 2020 Origins Awards Game of the Year Finalist
- 2020 Origins Awards Best Family Game Winner
- 2019 UK Games Expo Best Board Game (European Style) People’s Choice Winner
- 2019 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee
- 2019 Lys Passioné Winner
- 2019 Hungarian Board Game Award Winner
- 2019 Guldbrikken Best Adult Game Winner
- 2019 Gra Roku Family Game of the Year Nominee
- 2019 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Nominee
- 2018 Spiel der Spiele Hit mit Freunden Recommended
- 2018 Meeples’ Choice Winner
- 2018 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
- 2018 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
- 2018 Cardboard Republic Daredevil Laurel Winner
- 2018 Board Game Quest Awards Best Family Game Nominee
Also available is The Herb Witches Expansion which allows for a fifth player, as well as other game play add-ons! View it here: